Monday, June 17, 2013

Starting Anew with a Fresh Travel Blog


The other night, as we were lying in bed trying to go to sleep, my boyfriend said to me, "Where was it that we were staying in a pretty nice hotel, and there wasn't much there, and we tried to go to a restaurant on the waterfront but they only served pork--"

"Nong Khai," I interjected, but he continued as if I hadn't said anything, and I wasn't sure if it was because he was simply trying to reminisce uninterrupted or because he has a terrible memory and the name "Nong Khai" didn't ring any bells.

"--and so we kept walking along the promenade and ate at this backpacker-y place where you couldn't just order food, there was some weird way of doing it...."

"Nong Khai," I repeated, just in case. "Yeah, we had to write the order down at the kitchen and it was really confusing. I was unreasonably enraged by it."

He sighed, wistfully. "Yeah, that was great."

Always the cheap bastard, I added, "I can't believe our hotel was only ten dollars. Satellite TV and air con and everything." At the time, though, we were fairly certain we were getting fleeced.

In my last travel blog (which has the same name because I'm really clever), I updated religiously when I was traveling alone, or at least, religiously compared to traveling with my boyfriend, Steve. By the time we got to Nong Khai, with gloriously fast wifi in our ten dollar hotel room, I hadn't updated in a month, and my updates had already been well behind for quite a while. Recently, though, I've begun planning our next trip, and, as a result, reminiscing about old ones. So, I've decided to start a new blog, and despite having a broader range of content, it will be more organized, not to mention actually updated at least twice weekly. Maybe. 

Subject matter you can expect to see in these articulate, well-thought out blog posts include: old travels, current travels, future travel hopes and dreams, things I've been eating lately, Seattle stuff, boring, pointless stories, lists of everything that can be listed, helpful facts and tips, unhelpful facts and tips, unwarranted and uninformed opinions, funny things my boyfriend said, and, most importantly, things I'm obsessed with (usually all things travel, which is why this is a travel blog, but also adverbs, run-on sentences, and parentheses).

Sit back, have a cup of tea, and enjoy living vicariously through someone who is probably less interesting than you! ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment