Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Great Seattle Ice Cream Quest Round 2: Full Tilt

I've been doing a lot of overtime at work lately. It's terrible, it's mayhem. Really, it's just exhausting. It's also a great excuse to go to Full Tilt after work and get an enormous ice cream cone.


I'd never been to a Full Tilt location before, and the one I went to (University District) is apparently a mini-version, because the "full" shops are also arcades. Whatever, I don't care about arcades. I like a bit of nostalgia as much as the next person, but if I hear one more person say "barcade" with a straight face, I will poop my pants with annoyance (slight exaggeration).



The first hint that I was biting off more than I could chew was that the "single scoop" comes with two flavors. Well, that's a wonderful thing, I thought, and proceeded to try five million samples before deciding on peanut butter and jelly and salted caramel. I was presented with a huge waffle cone oozing soft, creamy, delightful ice cream. It was so much, but I was determined to eat it all--a challenge, considering I'd also have to eat it before it melted in the blazing heat, and also before my stomach noticed I was putting way too many things into it. Considering the tastiness level of the task, I managed.

Full Tilt has almost as many shops as Molly Moon's but isn't quite as famous. It's just as good, though, and you get more for your dollar (a "single scoop" in a waffle cone is $4.40 including tax, and it's enough for two people). 

Up next: Cupcake Royale


No comments:

Post a Comment