Sunday, September 14, 2014

6 Months in Europe: Yes, It's Happening

The day is finally here. Steve and I are leaving for ~6 months to backpack around Europe. This is my first time traveling with a giant backpack instead of a carry-on sized one and it looks comically large. This is the main thing I'm worrying about right now because I literally cannot remember how checked luggage works, and it's also very concerning to be separated from anything in my carefully (ha) selected inventory. Also concerning: it took me about 10 minutes to remember the word "inventory".

So far, our itinerary looks something like this:

September 14th: Fly from Seattle to Iceland.
September 15th: Arrive at Keflavik airport early in the morning. Rent a car. Drive around all day until our flight to Paris.
September 16th: Arrive in Paris very early in the morning. Be tired. Brace self for Steve’s nonstop impressions of French people.
Septermber 19th: Leave Paris. Steve goes on to visit his family in England, while I take a train to Strasbourg.
September 19th-21st: Alsace region of France.
September 22nd: Freiburg, Germany
September 23rd: Bus from Freiburg to Munich
Septermber 24th and 25th: Oktoberfest
September 26th: Innsbruck, Austria
September 27th: Meet back up with Steve in Verona, Italy
September 28th: Bolzano, Italy
September 29th: Venice, Italy
?????
Greece! Turkey! Georgia! And so on.

I am really, really looking forward to Greece, Turkey, and Georgia. I've never been to any of those countries and they sound great. Sometime in mid-November, we will be in central Europe before going to England for Christmas. Then, we will hopefully fly to Morocco.

Crossing fingers for no major volcanic eruptions in Iceland!

1 comment: